Genetics/Genomics Education for Your Classroom or Practice
What is G2C2?
How to use G2C2?
- Online repository of genomics educational materials
- Peer-reviewed collections for genetic counselors, nurses, pharmacists, physician assistants, and physicians
- Professional editorial board curates every resource
- Resources are mapped to discipline-specific genomic competencies
- Genetics education is important for all people, regardless of their chosen career path. Genetics has a profound impact on many aspects of our lives, from the food we eat, to the diseases we may suffer from. As genetics continues to advance, it becomes increasingly important for everyone to have access to basic genetics education. This website will discuss some of the reasons why genetics education is so important.
Why is it so Difficult to Study the Genetics of Humans?
The Inter-Society Coordinating Committee for Practitioner Education in Genomics (ISCC-PEG) facilitates genomics education for healthcare providers through collaborative efforts among representatives of professional societies, industry and individuals. Resources submitted by ISCC-PEG members are gathered in a Compendium which is updated annually. A set of Compendium resources are cross-listed in G2C2 and can be searched by including the word “Compendium” in the search.
"Clear, simple descriptions of genetic testing technologies suitable to introducing students to testing concepts. Also diagrams could be used as visual aids for patient education." --Angela Trepanier, MS, CGC, Associate Professor, Director, Genetic Counseling Graduate Program - Wayne State University School of Medicine
"This clear and concise, free book is an excellent resource for clinicians to understand what tests to use and when." - Nguyen Park, MS, PA-C, New Mexico VA Healthcare System